Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Update

Haven't posted in a while since I've been preoccupied traveling back to the states, attending a wedding and such.  In the meantime since the last post I've probably averaged 3 hours a day of studying, though the count is rough at this point.  I've been working through equities and fixed income, using the hard copy of the CFAI materials.

I've finished equities which was pretty straightforward for the most part, and have now moved on to fixed income, written by the legendary Frank Fabozzi, CFA.  This is the book I used in undergrad when we did bonds and fixed income, so it's nice to get back to Frank.

I'm finding that reading the physical books is actually fun - I always prefer reading on paper to reading on screens, so it's nice to hit a book.  The only downside is, I'm not finding as much time to blog and take notes on things online - this has partly been a function of travel and being on trains and planes and just trying to cram in as much studying as possible.

I think I'm a little bit behind my intended hourage, but still above the 250 mark and will likely be ramping up in the near future.  I've more or less figured out my plan for the next few weeks in terms of my marriage and visa paperwork so that is one stressor and huge time suck that can finally be put to rest so I can focus on CFA.

Since I have my computer nearby I think I'll take a few brief notes here and there as I'm studying risks associated with investing in bonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment